Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Double surgery day

Today we took Abby and Brynlee in for surgery. Brynlee is getting tubes in her ears. She has had an ear infection almost consistently for three months. With our family history of ear infections we decided she would be better off getting tubes now and not waiting any longer. Whe did so good in surgery. She was a little scared when she woke up, but as soon as I was able to feed her she was fine. And for the rest of the day she was an angel. We are so grateful to have such a happy baby.
Abby had her adenoids removed. She has had a sinus infection since September. We are hoping that this will cure her. She didn't have as good of a day as Brynlee. She was so scared when the doctors took her into the operating room. I wanted to cry and crawl into a hole. And when she woke up she was so upset. She kept trying to pull out her I.V. and didn't want them to take her oxygen levels. She finally fell asleep on my lap and we were able to finish the I.V. and watch her levels for an hour. They let us leave the hospital and she through up in the car and was so out of it all day. Its now been two weeks and she still isn't 100 percent better. I hope this will all be worth it in the end. We love Abby and just don't want her to be uncomfortable.

2 comments:

Trish said...

Gosh, Lisa I hope Abby gets felling better. Mabel had her's out not too long ago and is doing much better. Glad things went good for Brynlee! Love and miss ya!

Swain Family said...

Oh my goodness! We hope they are both doing better!