Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A call from the teacher

Whenever I usually get a call from a teacher it isn't the best of news. But this time I was thrilled. Parker's teacher called the other day but we weren't home so she left a message and she said, Mrs. Gardner this is Mrs. Dallof, I just wanted to share a story with you about Parker that absolutely warmed my heart. So I called her back and she said I just want you to know that your Parker is the sweetest little thing. Monday at school was TOY DAY. Each kid got to bring one toy to school to share at show and tell. Then after show and tell they could play with there toys for a few minutes. All the kids were playing with the toys and Mrs. Dallof was wandering around the room visiting with the kids. She came up to Parker and he said, "You know Mrs. Dallof Christmas isn't about the presents and what we get from Santa it is about Baby Jesus being born. Its remembering His birth and the love and care that we share with others. She said that He was so sincere and that he really touched her.
We tried really hard this year to explain to the kids what Christmas is all about and not being so concerned about the presents that we get, but to try and think about our Savior and the miracles that have taken place. I was so happy to learn that Parker a 5 year old little boy could understand the true meaning of Christmas.

1 comment:

It Just Keeps Getting Better said...

Lisa that is such a wonderful story. I love that boy, well I love them all but he is such a sweetie with a soft heart. I saw that every day that I was in your home spending time with your children. What a great call, one to cherish. Because as you said not many teachers take time to tell parents to good things. Love you and Thanks for sharing.