Friday, July 27, 2012

Service Project with the kids

Today we went to Bishop Monson's house for our service project.  We got to put in their sod.  Dan was not able to take off the entire day so I had to bring the kids with me.  I was worried that the kids would be busy and not listen, but I was so wrong.  The boys helped with the sod.  They carried the heavy pieces and unrolled it and laid it in rows.  Parker got the cut some of sod with President Webb.  The girls played with the bunny and played on the new grass.  They were such good kids.  Then Dan got home and I went with the youth to Pineview for a day of boating.  I even got to ride the tube with Jenae.  Then we had hamburgers and a testimony meeting.  It was a great youth conference.  Dan took the kids to Dinosaur Park today.  He was so surprised how easy it was to take the kids somewhere alone.  The kids had fun.  Brynlee loved the dinosaurs.  They got field journals and made leaf prints.  It was an all around fun day for everyone.

No comments: