Monday, June 29, 2009

Hometown Heros

Every year we have the opportunity to go to the park and listen to the different choirs and bands salute the armed forces. It is a great night to help remind us what the 4th of July is really about and remember all those who have served and those who are currently serving. This year Dan dropped me off and took the kids to Spencer's birthday so I was able to just sit and relax and enjoy the night. The city also salutes 5 hometown heros. But the best part of the night is the last group. It is the Men of Song. Grandpa Anderson is in the group and has been for years. They always do such a great job. This year after they sang the Salute to the Armed Forces the audience gave them a standing ovation. It was the best part of the entire night. I am so proud of my Grandfather, my Father, and my brother Brian for they dedication and sacrifice they have made, when serving our country. I am so proud to be an American and feel blessed to live in a land with so many opportunities.

No comments: