Sunday, July 6, 2008

Dan's Birthday!

Happy Birthday Dan!!! The started with a fun new recipe, strawberry shortcakes. It was an easy new recipe and they were yummy. I made shortcakes and cut them in half, then topped the bottom layer with strawberries, then I put the top on and piled it with more strawberries, then dumped on the whipped creme and poured on a little syrup. Dan loved them and it was so fast. Then we went to two baby blessing. Our first was in Lehi and I thought the blessing started at 11:00 but it didn't start until 1:00 and didn't realize my mistake until 10600 south. So we just turned around and went to the temple and walked the grounds and took a tour of the Conference Center. We went on the roof of the Conference Center and the boys thought that that was so cool. After looking at all the water fountains and any water features we could find the boys were ready to go so we went to the first blessing. It was for Seth Bull and it was a wonderful blessing. There home is so nice and inviting. The boys love to play in the basement and see all the cousins. Then we went to the next blessing. It was for Mable Anderson. It was a wonderful blessing also and it was great seeing those cousins again. We don't always get to see them so whenever we see them we always have a good time. Then back home for a little nap and just a quite evening at home. I made Dan a strawberry-banana cake and he almost ate the whole thing by himself. It wasn't the best birthday but it was a great day. He wants to go to Corbin's Steakhouse for his birthday dinner. I heard that they have great food.

1 comment:

Sarah L. said...

Happy b-day dan!!!
So, Lisa I remember when we first met. It was in semenary. . remember? Whats his name was teasing you about looking like that chick on 90210 and I was like leave her alone and after a few days we were friends. See, I remember. I also remember playing at your house eating doritos for some reason :)