Friday, July 11, 2008

A little getaway



We rented this cabin for the weekend and had so much fun. Dan found this cabin and organized the whole weekend. He is so amazing. We invited my parents, Brian and Hillary, Michael, Lisa, Macy and Jake, Matt, Amy, and Ethan, Ben, Cassie, Carter, Hallie and Ellie and all our kids. Their was enough room for everyone and everyone even had a bed. We went exploring with the kids and sat out on the deck and just relaxed. It was a much needed weekend for all of us. The kids had so much fun. We took my dad's canoe and went to the lake for the day. The kids played in the water and built sand castles and dug holes. I hope that we can do something like this again soon. Thanks Dan for all the good ideas.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Seriously, that was such a fun weekend! The cabin was beautiful, the meals were yummy, and we so enjoyed spneding time with everyone. You guys did such a good job planning everything! I hope we can do stuff like this more regularly!

shauna said...

Hi Lisa! I found your blog linked from someone's... can't remember who. Your family is so adorable!
I was wondering where this cabin is located and through whom you rented it? My family wants me to organize some sort of reunion for next year and I have no idea where to go... this one sounded wonderful. Thanks for any info!
Shauna