Sunday, July 27, 2008

Letting go

I have stopped nursing Abby and I feel a little silly because I'm kinda sad. I liked being the one and only one that could completely take care of her. I couldn't leave her with anyone longer than 4 hours because she wouldn't take a bottle. So she would come with Dan and I on our dates, or go with me on my errands. I liked that she would usually fall asleep in my arms and snuggle close searching for comfort. I miss her looking up at me with those big blue eyes and smiling because she was happy to be with me. Tonight Dan put her to bed and she did so good, she drank her milk and went to bed so easy. Time goes by so fast. I want to enjoy each day that I am given and make it the best day. I enjoy being a mother so much and I feel so blessed to be able to stay at home. I hope that I cherish each day that I have with these beautiful spirits. I know the Lord has entrusted me with these spirits for a reason and I hope and pray not to let him down or my kids. Its an amazing responsibility to be a mother. Sometimes I think that I get so caught up in the everyday duties of home and life that I forget what is really important. I love the summer time because we don't have a busy schedule, no school, no sports and so on, we just play together and enjoy being a family.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Lisa-
You little bum, you didn't tell me you had a blog going now. It is so stinkin' cute I love it! I just added you and Amy to my list.. here's my link...http://web.me.com/jilll3/Lord/Home_Page.html

Jon & Kim said...

It is so sad when they grow up so fast. I want Jake to be my baby still but he refuses! I wish I could turn the clock back to about 6 months old. I love that stage!

Hillary said...

Lisa,

You're a wonderful mother and a great example to your sisters and sisters-in-law. Although Abby might not necessarily need you to provide for her every need, she will always need her mom (especially in a family full of boys)!

Love,
Hill

loveourboys said...

Lisa-it was so fun to have you guys over today!! I hope that you will come more often-I know how you feel about the whole baby to grown up stage-just wait until she's 9!! It happens so fast!
FYI-You're always welcome to just drop by!Love ya-Stace

Jessica Edwards said...

I had no idea you had a blog either!! I saw it on Kirshe and Luke;s. Hope you don't mind me peaking :) Sounds like you are having a great summer!

The Beck Boyz said...

Hey Lisa I totally Love your blog. The kids look great. Its great to be able to check up on everyone. I love you. And think you are doing a great job.