Saturday, October 18, 2008

Stake Conference

The Saturday night session is always so nice because I actually get to listen to the speaker without wrestling a kid. I love my kids but sometimes I wonder what I get from the messages. Anyway it was a great night. They had some really great points but a few I would like to remember-
1. It is a time to step up our faith, expect miracles.
2. Faith is a choice and a decision.
3. In a world where you can be anything be yourself, but be your best self.
4. When we put God first all other things fall into place or drop out of our lives.
5. I loved this thought when Nephi got to the seashore he didn't sit down and cry and say now what? I can't build a boat. I've come all this way and suffered all these trials aren't I done yet? What do I do when I am faced with a seashore, do I give up and lose the faith or do I ask earnestly knowing I will be heard.

No comments: