Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day Farm

I love many things about Utah. I love that there are so many parks. All different kinds and different things to do at each of them. I love that we can go to the Lake and enjoy the sand and play in the water. I love that there are so many temples so close. The love to be near the Head quarters of the Church. I love that my family lives so close(most of them). I love the changing of seasons. I love the beautiful blue skies. I love the mountains and all the fun camp sites we can get to in such a short distance. But today I must say I love summertime when the Day Farm is open. I love that we can go and get fresh fruits and vegs that are so yummy. I enjoy doing the u-pick. You go to the farm and go out in the fields and pick all you want and its fresh and a lot cheaper than the stores and stays fresh so much longer. Its strawberry season and my strawberries at home keep getting eaten by the bugs so I went and picked strawberries yesterday and let me tell you they are so good. Dan came home for lunch and said go get your strawberries, so I went to the farm and just enjoyed myself out in the fields picking the berries. I love Utah!

2 comments:

Jon & Kim said...

We picked strawberries for family night a couple of weeks ago. The kids loved it! We went at night so it was a little cooler. They are so yummy! I need to go and get some more. Thanks for your comment. My hair is long......I think I like it????? Any way looks like you are enjoying your summer.

Em said...

Cool! Where is that? I loved going up to Willard at the end of the summer for such yummy produce and pumpkins and flowers. The day farm sounds awesome. What a fun thing to take advantage of