Saturday, June 28, 2008

Tea Time at the Grand America




It was girls day out and we decided to try something new. So we went to the Gateway and did a little shopping(of course that wasn't anything new), and then went to the Grand America for Tea Time. We started with hot chocolate, then we were brought a variety of seven different kinds of finger sandwiches. We had cucumber, ham, turkey, chicken salad, egg salad, a salmon and shrimp, and one other kind I can't remember the name. All the sandwiched were good. I don't usually like seafood but the shrimp and salmon was my favorite. It was fun to try new things. Then we had scones. They were a cranberry-orange and there were three different kinds of spreads to try. They had a lemon, strawberry and a sour cream-cream cheese. These also were very good. The last thing we had was dessert. We could choose one slice of cake or three pastries and strawberries and cream came with both choices. The desserts were all very good and a lot of fun to try. We had such a fun time talking and just being together. We will definitely do this again.
After our girls day we had a family birthday party to celebrate the birthdays for Ethan, Amy, Ben, Dan, Julie and Abby. It was a fun night to sit around and watch the kids play in the swimming pools and be silly. We have so much fun together as a family.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

Lis,

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. I was just telling Brian yesterday how much effort and time you put into the shower. Everything looked so pretty and professional, and I think you, more than anyone else, really went the extra mile. I told Bri I'd throw a shower with you any day!

Love,
Hill

Jill said...

How fun! That sounds like a blast...
And thanks for the info on Rite Aid. That's a pretty cool deal. unfortunately we don't have a Rite Aid here...I wish we did because they always have great deals and rebates!

Sarah L. said...

So cool. I want to have sisters so I can have a girls time out. I don't get to do those things but its cool. Glad you all had fun :)
sarah