Saturday, September 27, 2008

Girls Night Out!!!

Today we went to the Women's Relief Society Broadcast. It was such a great night. I loved Elder Uchtdorf's talk. I loved the story about cooking. Dan and I have that conversation so much. He says I always can find something wrong with my meal, or an apology for the way something turned out. I loved the counsel for creating something. I want to beautify my yard and house. The story he told about the saints and coming to the valley and President Young telling the people to plant trees and crops and flowers, take what is yours and make it beautiful. I love to work in my yard but this year I have not taken the time I should with it.
After the broadcast Amy, Cassie, Mom and I went to Red Robin and had a great time. We had dinner and laughed and just enjoyed being together. We are so blessed to live so close(we miss Julie so much and its times like this that make it even harder). I love the sisterhood we have in the Relief Society and I am so glad that I am apart of the largest women's organization in the world.

2 comments:

Trish said...

It really was such a great talk! A few of my gal pals and I made a girl's night out of it as well. It's good to go and have those nights out. I always feel like I come back so recharged!
Love you!
Trish

It Just Keeps Getting Better said...

It loved being all together as sister of the Relief Society. Our Stake does a nice job of putting together a evening where we can meet together for a light dinner. And then after we all meet in the Chapel to watch. Its such a overwhelming spirit to be there a realize how many of us are listening. I always feel like a can do anything I am asked to do after that meeting. I miss all of you too, But fortunately I have really good friends. We enjoy coming together and discussing it when we are done. But I always miss you all when these things come up.
Love you all,
Juls