Thursday, September 11, 2008

Just a thought!

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately. I don't know why but sometimes life is just to serious. I have such a good life. But sometimes its so easy to get caught up in all the day to day things and forget what really matters. I don't need the huge house on the hill, the fancy car, the custom decorated house, the perfected cleaned and organized house, the perfect yard with no weeds and no dead spots on the grass, the children who never have a temper moment, all I need is what I have at this very moment. I have a wonderful husband, four beautiful children and the knowledge of Jesus Christ. Everyone has different needs and desires and that is what makes so all so different. What's right for one isn't the best for another and the same goes for kids. What works with one kid doesn't always work for the next. I have a couple of friends who lately have touched my life so much and I thank them for that. I love the blogging and the chance to learn and grow from each other. Thanks.

5 comments:

Sarah L. said...

Good thought. I feel the same about the big house and car ect ect. I seriously could care less about all that just as long as our needs are met and we can go to Disneyland when we want to:) It is so much easier to have the eternal perspective when we don't have all that stufffffff. I would rather have a little more of a challenging life money wise than I would to have an over abundance of $. I have seen what it does to people and I don't like it one bit. It is easy to say " Oh I won't do that if I have all that $" but you really can't say that until you are in the position. So now I will come off of my soap box:) You are so great. You kids are beautiful and you have a great husband who loves you and is faithful. What more do you need? besides the gospel, not much.

It Just Keeps Getting Better said...

It's great to be a member of the church and have the eternal perspective. It always helps to put things where they belong. As long as we are all healthy and our needs are meant well, than life seems to be pretty darn great!! Things are nice, but not worth not being a stay at home mom,and at the door when my kids come running through at the end of the day excited to tell me all that happened that day. Why would you want to miss that!!

Thanks Lisa for the thought, I love you and think that your a great Mom, Sister, and Friend.

Julie

loveourboys said...

Hear! Hear! :) Thanks for letting me drop by the other day-I really enjoyed visiting and now Austin wants to ride over everyday! :) Love ya! Stace

Amber said...

Thanks for this post...it was something that I needed today. Love you.

Jill said...

Thanks...great post! It's so true. When we stop and think about what we have right now, it is completely enough!!!!! Family, the gospel, health...all the rest is excess junk that only brings out the bad and vainness in people!!
Thanks for being so humble and honest. You are awesome!!