Friday, June 15, 2012

Britton's Camp Kiesel & Anniversary celebration

Britton had a great time at camp today.  He has a fun group of boys and great scout leaders.  He said he almost fell out of the canoe and that was scary.  He bought a cool arrowhead necklace that glows in the dark.  He earned his scientist badge and his readyman for the second time.  Britton has earned his webelos badge and also his arrow of light.  He has been going to both 11 year old scouts and webelos the past two months.  He is looking forward to more scouting this summer.  We didn't get a lot of detail about Britton's day at camp but he had fun so I guess that's good enough.
Tonight Dan and I dropped our kids off at Matt and Amy's house for our date night exchange.  It was our turn to go out and that worked out good because Monday is our 14 year anniversary.  We celebrated by going to the Bountiful Temple first.  Then we went to the City Creek Center and had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.  We have never been there before and I think that it is one of my new favorite places to eat.  The food was so good.  The wait wasn't to long and the dessert was to die for.  Then we walked around the shops for a little bit and then went on a carriage ride.  It was really nice weather so a carriage ride was the icing on the cake.  As we were touring the city in the carriage someone let off some Japanese lanterns.  That was a nice touch.  They were so cool floating in the sky.  The sky was dark and they glowed so bright drifting higher and higher.  We had such a nice night.  I am so glad that I am married to my best friend.  He is truly a wonderful husband and father.  I couldn't have picked a better man.  I know that I am so blessed to have the marriage and life I do.  Thanks Dan, I love you.

No comments: