Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Homework in the summer and Dinner with Dr. Hall

Each day we have the kids work a few sheets out of a workbook.  They get to rotate from four different subjects and also do reading minutes each day.  We think that it is important to help them work on these things throughout the summer so when school comes along they will retain some of what they have learned.  I feel like I am helping my kids and offering them something good.  But my kids think that I am mad at them and that is why I do this.  I told Britton today that I lay in bed at night and think how I can destroy his day.  Homework is definitely the best way.  If they do there work without complaint it usually doesn't take to long.  But today it was 2 1/2 hours of worksheets.  I totally wanted to give in and say okay just go play.  But we finally got it done and I reminded them that if they would relax and just read the instructions they wouldn't have to redo it some many times.  Hopefully tomorrow is better.
Tonight we were invited to go to Dr. Hall house for dinner.  He invited the Sandberg's, Parkin's, Hartvigsen's and Us.  It was so fun.  He provided the hamburgers and hot dogs and we brought salads, chips and dessert.  He has such a nice house.  We had such a fun time.  He has a play room with a dodge ball set up.  The kids played in their for so long.  He has some really cool murals on the wall like cat and the hat, and Baer Rabbit.  He also has a hidden door that opens to a secret twisty staircase.  And his house was totally kid friendly.  He has a home school group that comes in and also a preschool group that goes their.  He also has a huge backyard.  We had a big game of baseball.  The kids loved that.  We all had so much fun just visiting and playing.  We love Dr. Hall.  We were able to take a picture with him and all our kids.  He has delivered are our kids, my five, Cassie's four, Amy's two and Julia's four. 

No comments: